Wednesday, January 15, 2014

"Drinking on the Boondocks C2" We went to a place in the mind called the boondocks ,sometimes near water ,sometimes under the Arch in Washington Square.Singing outside the apartment took away our inhibitions but maybe the booze helped some,too. We sang because we liked singing. It made us feel rich,happy,and at home even when we were so far away.Pete and me really were the heart of the Dreamers though it seemed like it was Jerry and me .. haha , maybe we were a menage ,switching partners every other month. Any way you label it , we sang to keep the demons at bay,laughing all the way.I don't really sing like that anymore and I haven't drank a drop since August 2002 ,but I still look back and smile.

"Drinking on the Boondocks of 3 Diff B" Sometimes I just can't get what I want( Is this something that is universally profound or what !) I tried to use the original acrylic , a large ,gaudy poster that is tall and thin. The idea was to make it more subtle by incorporating it into another ,larger composite .. haha , Well, it is still a theme I can come back to as I have burnt out with it for now. I painted for hours ,sprawled on floors across the country ,paint flying everywhere until my eyes were blurred. Now I find myself achieving the same loss of eyesight , blur, yet still I get hung up in the intricacies of the dimension , trying to leave and going further till I don't trust my eyes anymore.We take sight for granted like cool clear water , the focus and colors of everyday filtering through all the time but even water is finite and is taken for granted too much. Better hit the shower..

No comments: